[jdom-interest] Feature Request

Jeremy.Prellwitz at siras.com Jeremy.Prellwitz at siras.com
Thu Feb 19 15:10:17 PST 2004

Hello,

  I've recently used the SAXBuilder class for parsing some XML documents to
do in memory document comparisons.  We use JDOM elsewhere, but in an
application that i've just worked on, i've combined the jdom.jar in the
same webapp as the nekohtml.jar and nekohtmlXni.jar files.  The problem is
that the nekohtmlXni.jar file overrides the standard parser configuration
of Xerces parsers.  It then uses a special HTML specific parser
configuration which causes problems.

I need to parse XML documents as well as HTML documents in the webapp i'm
working on, and i need to be able to have jdom and nekohtml play nice
together.  I'm able to get override the new HTML configuration by setting a
system parameter at runtime, but i think it would be a cleaner solution if
i could create a Xerces parser, passing it the configuration class it uses,
and then pass the SAXBulider class the instance of the parser i'd created
for it, rather than relying on the creation of a parser who's settings may
get overridden by other Jar files.

Anybody have any comments?  Would it be possible to have a new SABuilder
constructor that accepts a Xerces parser instance?

Thanks

Jeremy Prellwitz
Senior Java Developer
425-497-3345