[jdom-interest] [Fwd: Re: JDOM Transformer Problem]

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Thu Jun 17 08:07:57 PDT 2004

Hi,

> 1.I changed private access modifier of
> flushCharacter() method to protected in SAXHandler
> class.
> 2.  JDOMResult.java - I modified method getResult() by
> calling the flushCharacter() method in inner class
> FragmentHandler.

This is a well-known problem that has existed for quite a long time now: It
was first reported by Thorsten Roskowetz on September 24th, 2003 (see
http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-interest/2003-September/013476.html).

Thorsten already proposed the above patch (part 2 only) which was approved but
never committed. Then, for some reason, in the next version of SAXHandler,
flushCharacter went private hence disabling the patch but no other proper fix
was ever proposed.

FYI, although I'm now running beta 10, I re-inject this patch into every new
version of SAXHandler & JDOMResult !

Laurent