[jdom-interest] JDOM, Resin 2.0.13 org.jdom.*

Tatu Saloranta cowtowncoder at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 16:35:26 PDT 2005

--- John Rosocha <john at clandecadence.com> wrote:
> I've read this thread. It suggests that the problem
> is Neko. In my
> example I am using org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder(). Is
> that not part of
> JDOM? Or is some oter library being called in some
> fashion?

Well, that method just uses the default SAX parser
implementation, obtained via JAXP. So the instance
will not be created by JDom, just used by JDom.

> I see calls to com.caucho.xml.* in the stack trace.
> Does JDOM access
> outside parsers in some fashion?

Yes: JDom is basically the tree model (builder,
serializer) built on top of a low-level parser;
typically Xerces or Crimson (default in JDK 1.4), but
something else in your case.

Apparently the one used in this case does not have
namespace-handling enabled (or implemented...), and is
producing local names namespace-aware processors (like
JDom) apparently doesn't like (such local names are
not legal in namespace-aware mode).

-+ Tatu +-