[jdom-interest] JDOM, Resin 2.0.13 org.jdom.*

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu May 12 17:27:15 PDT 2005

John Rosocha wrote:
> I've read this thread. It suggests that the problem is Neko. In my
> example I am using org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder(). Is that not part of
> JDOM? Or is some oter library being called in some fashion?

I don't see Neko anywhere. Why blame it?

> I see calls to com.caucho.xml.* in the stack trace. Does JDOM access
> outside parsers in some fashion?

The JDOM error message is poorly written and should be fixed, but
looking at the source code it's clear the problem is the local name, not
the name. The parser is probably incorrectly passing "xml:lang" as the
local name rather than "lang". Use a different parser and report a bug
to the parser vendor.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu