[jdom-interest] JDOM Entity references for special characters

Sven Deckers svedec at kava.be
Fri May 27 00:32:59 PDT 2005

Ok, I'll have to look-up how to subclass the XMLOutputter then.

But I was actually looking for a way that XMLOutputter just *checks* whether
the Entity is ok, and then *doesn't* translate it.
The “ may remain in the insert statement in fact (or the numeric code
for that matter), since it'll be written in a JSP page, and it's valid
HTML...
So I don't need the UTF-8 character, I just need a check that it's valid.

Thanks,
Sven.