[jdom-interest] JDOM Entity references for special characters

Jason Hunter jhunter at xquery.com
Fri May 27 19:13:53 PDT 2005

JDOM never sees the entity in its entity form.  When you parse a
document using SAX, the SAX parser converts the input document text into
simple characters handed over with the characters() callback.  No matter
how the character was originally encoded, SAX treats it the same and so
does the JDOM internal document model.  Thus you can't rely on an input
encoding to influence an output encoding.

-jh-