[jdom-interest] <kein Betreff>

Jason Hunter jhunter at xquery.com
Thu Oct 13 09:19:49 PDT 2005

> Will there be a new version which supports template types and when will
> it be available?

I really need to add this to the FAQ.  If we did a Java 5 version, it'd
only work on Java 5 and we'd be abandoning everyone on an early
platform.  Not bood.  Doing two releases is the only real option, but
that has its own problems.  What if a program uses two thid party JARs,
each of which depends on JDOM but each of which depends on a different
flavor of JDOM?  You're stuck.  That is, unless you alter the package.
Maybe org.jdom5 is the way to go, but that's just ugly.

I've been waiting to see best practices from other projects.  Anyone see
something interesting going on out there?

> I have to remove this warnings and I have no idea how to do!

Why must you remove warnings?  They're warnings, not errors, and you
know they're warning on something that isn't a problem.