[jdom-interest] Java 1.5 language features.

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Feb 26 13:55:37 PST 2007

Talden wrote:

> The code-qualities issues arising from the excessive warnings (or the
> risks of suppressing them) are real issues - they are just not about
> functionality.  In fact in many ways they're about usability and that
> was the real point of JDOM from the beginning right?

If that really bothers you, you should switch to XOM. You'll get no
warnings, and you'll get much safer code than you get with generics.

JDOM code is actually pretty safe in practice too, I think. If I recall
correctly, JDOM won't let you put the wrong type in one of its lists.
It's just that the compiler isn't smart enough to figure that out.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!