[jdom-interest] Java heap space error, please help.

Rustican rustican at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:03:15 PDT 2007

I'm using the jdom package to create an xml export file for an Oracle
database i'm running.  Unfortunately it is a very large database and
the export is apparently trying to read everything into memory before it
writes to the file causing a out of Java heap space error and no data
written to the file.  I've tried increasing virtual memory allocation but
i'm still hitting the error.

Is there anyway to have the export write to the file as it is pulling data
from the database?  Or write data to file in chunks instead of the whole
thing at once?

Thanks.

Rustican