[jdom-interest] suggested JDOM2 improvements

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Fri Jan 20 15:19:33 PST 2012

Hi Leigh

I think we are both missing something here.

In JDOM2 I'm convinced that XPath is deprecated... so, while it is still
in the ALPHA at the moment it will have a viable replacement by the next

We'll make sure the replacement is 'good' for custom/other XPath backend

Give me a day to polish up a proposed replacement. I think you are
missing the tricks of the XPathFactory code in the current ALPHA
release, but there's not much point in fighting it when it is going to
change anyway.