[jdom-interest] suggested JDOM2 improvements

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Fri Jan 20 15:19:33 PST 2012

Hi Leigh

I think we are both missing something here.

In JDOM2 I'm convinced that XPath is deprecated... so, while it is still
in the ALPHA at the moment it will have a viable replacement by the next
ALPHA.

We'll make sure the replacement is 'good' for custom/other XPath backend
implementations.

Give me a day to polish up a proposed replacement. I think you are
missing the tricks of the XPathFactory code in the current ALPHA
release, but there's not much point in fighting it when it is going to
change anyway.

Rolf