[jdom-interest] Editing Attributes

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Sun May 13 05:37:48 PDT 2012

You can simply change the value of the Address attribute.

XPathExpression<Element> xp =
Element contactprops = xp.evaluateFirst(document);
contactprops.setAttribute("addess", "newaddress");

Technically you can go direct to the Attribute and do it like:

XPathExpression<Attribute> xp =
Attribute address = xp.evaluateFirst(document);

On 13/05/2012 7:08 AM, Bashiro wrote:
> Hello,
> I wonder if one has the following in XML file example;
> <contact_properties   user_name="bashiro" address="here" phone="3333"
hobby="dGVzdDI" />
>    <contact_properties user_name="test" address="there" phone="444"
hobby="dGVzdDIno" />
>    <contact_properties user_name="test2" address="there 2" phone="4446"
hobby="-dGVzdDIno" />
> Username is unique so its the primary  Key.
> If I want to edit address of say bashiro, I search for bashiro and when
found,  the address attributes of bashiro is set to the
> new attributes.
> My question is; should the whole bashiro be removed and then the new
attributes set, or one can simply edit only address ?