[jdom-announce] problems with installing jdom

Michael Grinder grinder at cs.montana.edu
Tue Oct 24 13:30:44 PDT 2000

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Jason Hunter wrote:

> jdom-announce is for announcements regarding JDOM.  It's not for
> individual questions.  (See the description of the list where you signed
> up.)  You should write jdom-interest.
>
> But since I'm already wasting this list's time with yet another post, I
> might as well tell you that's a standard PC error when your hard drive's
> full.

Sorry to continue this off-topic thread, but the error is actually that
the MSDOS prompt is running out of environment space, not that the hard
drive is full. This is a common problem with Java apps on Windows 9x. To
increase the environment space, click the icon on the upper left corner of
the DOS window and select Properties. On one of the tabs there will be a
place to set the environment size. Increase that value several fold and
everything should work fine. Sorry for being so vague on the details. I
don't have a Windows 9x machine handy.

Michael Grinder   grinder at cs.montana.edu

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to
state I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd in "Harvey"