[jdom-interest] On-Line and Off-Line DTD

Elite Garty elite at targetize.com
Mon Aug 27 02:52:16 PDT 2001

Hi
I need to use an xml that works both online and offline, i.e. cannot have a
reference to a remote dtd, but still has to be able to get updates whenever
online.
The main problem is, I do not want to download the xml and its dtd
separately.
For example, I found an xml with the dtd built-in:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE First [
<!ELEMENT First (headline)>
<!ELEMENT headline (#PCDATA)>
]>
<First>
<headline>
12324566
</headline>
</First>
This would be great, because every time I get an update of the xml I get the
dtd as well - however - I don't know how to generate it using JDom tools,
and don't know how to parse it to a document either.

Elite