[jdom-interest] Performance tuning

Bob Jacobsen Bob_Jacobsen at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 3 22:31:57 PST 2001

Thanks for all your help.

A lot of the time was spent initializing xerxes; switching to crimson
made a big difference.  I had trouble with namespaces during that
conversion, so I removed them from the XML; that also saved a
significant amount of time.

I also had trouble with crimson not being able to find the local file
defining the DTD.  In the end, I bypassed it with a patch in the
crimson Resolver class.  I'll have to get back to this before
distributing the project; hopefully it won't be hard to resolve.

Bob