[jdom-interest] jdom-test issues

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Feb 20 09:10:44 PST 2001

GB/DEV - Philip Nelson wrote:

> [snip]
>
> That's fairly simple I think and covers what I currently imagine to be the
> main needs of this test suite.

Excellent start!

> How to test the inputters and outputters is a little unclear though.

For inputters I've personally been testing the results of SAXBuilder
against those of DOMBuilder and making sure they stay in sync.  Because
of how differently they build, bugs typically manifest themselves in
just one or the other.  For outputters I've been testing round-tripping
(read file, write file, compare file).

> Compliance testing could turn it into a much bigger project.

Assuming the JSR passes, we'll have an obligation to create a compliance
test kit.  It would be good if the test plan devised here could be used
as a formal CTK in addition to a developer's tool.  We should discuss
how to best accomplish this.