[jdom-interest] Re: TODO.TXT: jdom.jar main method and class

Joseph Bowbeer jozart at csi.com
Thu Feb 22 20:41:48 PST 2001

I'm wondering about the idea of making jdom.jar executable.

I wouldn't expect anything in my /lib/ext to be executable, and I'm a little
concerned about adding a Main class to the default package in every JDOM
user's classpath.

Applets have a description method, and beans have BeanInfo.  Is there not
some standard way for packages to describe themselves?  (Could we just add
some extra information to the manifest?)

The most standard thing I can find is package-level documentation.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/javadoc/writingapispecs/index.html#package

In this scheme, we'd add package.html to src/java/org/jdom and subdirs.

Failing that, would it be preferable to put Main in *some* package?  For
example: org.jdom.info

--
Joe Bowbeer