[jdom-interest] Using JDOM and LARGE XML Files ...

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Thu Jan 11 00:48:26 PST 2001

Jason Hunter wrote:

> The pluggable builder/outputter model is extremely powerful.

I completely agree.  Although while attending Elliot Rusty Harold's first
talk about JDOM in NYC a while back it was one of the first questions I
asked in where exactly the power of JDOM lied and I always thought it was
custom builders for anything but he had voted against it saying it doesnt
make sense to write your own builder.

> It wouldn't belong in XMLOutputter.  That's a class to write XML to an
> output stream.  A class like com.oreilly.servlet.HttpMessage or
> HttpURLConnection with all their HTTP knowledge would be the kind of
> classes to manage piping the stream to a server.  (Have to resist taking

I just feel that in the world of XML Protocols that there is no easier way
to write or read XML via JDOM so I would like to see it as an XP solution
player (most people probably implement it this way anyway).  And there is
alot of places where its only simply a matter of extending Document and
Element to take advantage of it (such as an XP Envelope).

- Jon