[jdom-interest] Have you had success with JDOM?

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Tue Jan 23 11:11:41 PST 2001

While I cant comment on the project, I want to add something to your post ... I think
you need to repost what your goals *with* XML are, for example DOM and SAX both have
their advantages and disadvantages when it comes to dealing with XML.  What JDOM (in
my opinion does) is lets you be more comfortable and more productive in dealing with
documents.

For example if you can look at a document and you know what you need for that
particular moment, it doesnt get any easier ... and if you are familiar with
Collection API, HashMap, ArrayList, etc you can see what JDOM really is, a nice neat
way to collect items in a document.

I seriously dont think XML needs to be overcomplicated, I remember when Id go to the
store and there would be maybe four or five books on it that told a good story, now
there are 4 shelves dealing with XML ... leading many (in my opinion) to think they
need a special degree just for dealing with XML.

JDOM is lightweight, clean, you can make it smarter, and best of all its open source
to adjust it for your needs.

- Jon