[jdom-interest] Have you had success with JDOM?

Frank Kmiec kmiec at inil.com
Tue Jan 23 13:01:26 PST 2001

Unfortunately, I'm at the same stage you are ... having convinced my manager
to adopt JDOM, but still having to defend it. All I can offer is what I will
be using to bolster my own argument:  JDOM integrates with java applications
better (primarily because of the Collections support), is easier to learn
for new developers, is lighter weight, is open source and therefore
extensible and modifiable, and from what I have read is currently in process
to become a Java standard extension. Finally, there are some very cool
features in the offing, such as built-in XPath support.

Hope that helps.

--Frank