[jdom-interest] Re: Not finding attributes on an element

Scott Ellsworth scott at alodar.com
Mon Jul 30 11:34:43 PDT 2001

Sorry if this is a repost - my mailer claimed that the message got an error
on send.

I am setting the namespace on the attribute when it is created, and the xml
contains the namespace.  This is then written to a file.

The above strange (to me) behaviors happen when that xml is read back
in.  The part I find surprising is that an attribute created and written
with a namespace does not came back in with that namespace.

To try and rule out parser bugs, I have tried the above with xerces 1.3.0,
xerces 1.4.2, and the jaxp/crimson 1.1 parsers distributed with JDOM.

Scott
Scott Ellsworth
scott at alodar.com