[jdom-interest] Re: IWSJ MiniProject 1. Receiving "chunked-encoded" data from the server.

ladi at itu.dk ladi at itu.dk
Sat Oct 7 08:30:49 PDT 2006

Hi,

Problem was simply reading theinpustream, which I later figured out.
I could also give the inputstream from the opened HttpUrlConnection as
input to the constructor of a SAXBuilder.

Now I have this:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class
com.oyebo.cal.CalendarViewerServlet
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

root cause
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/input/SAXBuilder
	java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
	java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)
	java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2671)
	java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:321)
	java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I have tried rearranging the library/jar paths in my environment
(CLASSPATH) , and in Eclipse. Nothing seems to help. I have downloaded
xerces.jar and jdom.jar. I can see that the SAXBuilder class is actually
in the jdom.jar.

Any idea please?

Best regards

Ladi Oyebo